1. Making your Computer Run Faster in 2 Steps
a. Eliminate Unnecessary Startup Programs
(For Windows 8, 8.1, or 10)
- press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to get to the Task Manager
- go to the Start-up tab
- DISABLE any programs that you do not want to run on Startup.
(For Windows 7 or prior)
- Run the MSCONFIG command in Windows
- go to the Startup tab
- disable startup items
b. Changing power options in Windows :
- Go to Start, Control Panel.
- Type Power in the search bar, choose power plan.
- Check box on high performance.
2. Eliminating Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) from being Installed
- Go to Control Panel
- Programs and Features section
- View installed updates.
- Look at the date installed and UNINSTALL any other program installed with the actual program.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts